Are you ready to move your career forward, and start the BEST job of your life? Haskell is committed to providing you with the resources to help you grow and discover your potential. We promote an environment that encourages innovative ideas and allows you to develop the best “how” to get the job done.
Haskell’s Design & Consulting Team unites architecture, engineering, and consulting professionals from across industries and geographies. Our diverse and innovative team allows Haskell to serve our clients with multiple project delivery methods including design-build, engineer-procure-construct, fee-for-service, or consulting services. These services allow our team to form a strong rapport with clients, marshalling them as they grow and helping them address industry and market challenges. The Design & Consulting Team serves a diverse set of markets including food and beverage, consumer products, aviation and aerospace, civil infrastructure, healthcare, and Federal Government projects. As a team member at Haskell, you’ll have the opportunity to work on impactful projects that will challenge your creativity, innovation, and expand your skill set.
In this role, you will drive projects including designing chilled water systems, hot water systems, steam systems, water treatment systems, compressed air systems, natural gas systems, HVAC systems, and much more. Candidates can expect to work on exciting projects such as clean rooms, food processing facilities, distilleries, breweries, industrial facilities, government facilities, and a variety of other challenges that help support our client’s needs.
- Application of Knowledge of Building Systems (Conceptual Design)
- Ensures understanding and compliance with owner’s building program requirements and facility or corporate standards related to mechanical and utility systems design
- Confirms and reviews applicable codes and standards such as but not limited to the International Building Code Council (Mechanical, Plumbing, Gas, Fire), ASHRAE Standards (90.1, 62, and 15), and NFPA
- Given the scope of design services, the owner’s building program and facility standards, building code research, and relevant industry standards, establish and document the mechanical and utility systems basis of design and in doing so provide clarification, qualifications, and design assumptions regarding relevant design issues
- Works with building/facility owners to ensure the appropriate cost-effective systems/products are utilized in their facility
- Works with building owner and construction management team to validate construction cost and provide value engineering options as may be necessary
- Knows when to obtain support from Lead Mechanical Engineer for assistance to determine engineering and design building requirements
- Assist in the establishment of the building envelope thermal insulation values for the purpose of energy code compliance and cooling/heating load calculations
- Performs and documents engineering calculations related to mechanical and utility systems for the purpose of selecting code-compliant systems and equipment
- Performs systems and equipment selections
- Performs layout and sizing of systems and equipment
- Drafts or oversees the drafting of the mechanical and utility systems and in doing so establishes the appropriate level of drawing detail to ensure completeness and accuracy of design and construction cost
- Schedules mechanical and utility equipment with the appropriate accessories and remarks
- Develops the necessary control drawings (schematics, points list, and sequence of operation) to ensure adequate environmental temperature and humidity control or system and equipment performance
- Ensures there is a complete and accurate specification
- Revit and AutoCAD capability are required
- Construction Support
- Assist with problem-solving for field oversights
- Shop drawing/Submittal review
- Field inspections and reports
- Assist in Photograph review
- Assist with RFI
- Project Management
- Overseeing the work performed by the assigned staff
- Planning, Scheduling, and Profitability
- Monitors what is to be included in the design package issue (pricing documents, SD, DD, and CD)
- Works with project lead architect and engineers to ensure that project schedule will be met and complete documents provided for each submission
- Designs project within provided design budget and track additional hours utilized when the scope is expanded
- Professional Development
- Maintains required licensing CEU
- Proactively attempts to receive in-house/out-of-house training to maintain create design skills
- Manages assigned staff on the projects
- Accredited engineering degree
Specific Knowledge, Skills, License, Certifications:
- Licensed Professional Engineer
Haskell offers a very robust and comprehensive benefits package! Some of our offerings are:
- Health, dental, and vision insurance plans
- Company provided hospital indemnity, accident and critical care plans
- Retirement savings plan (401k) with company discretionary matching contributions
- Employee Stock Ownership Plan
- Paid time off and nine company holidays
- Professional development and training opportunities to enhance your skills and advance your career
- Flexible work hours and remote work options
- Employee assistance programs for physical and mental well-being
- Opportunities for growth and advancement within the organization
- AND many more!
Environmental Factors and/or Physical Requirements:
While performing the duties of this job, this position is required to have ordinary ambulatory skills sufficient to visit other locations; and the ability to stand, walk, stoop, kneel, crouch, and manipulate (lift, carry, move) light to medium weights of 10-50 pounds. Requires good hand-eye coordination, and arm, hand and finger dexterity, including the ability to grasp, and visual acuity to use a keyboard, operate equipment and read application/form information. The associate frequently is required to sit, reach with hands and arms, talk, and hear.
Equal Opportunity Employer/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities:
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, citizenship, disability, or protected veteran status.
Haskell will make reasonable accommodations in compliance with the Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990 and the Americans with Disabilities Act Amendments Act of 2008. The job description will be reviewed periodically as duties and responsibilities change with business necessities. Essential and marginal job functions are subject to modification.
Haskell is a Drug-Free Workplace.